Monday 28 April 2014

Fragrance Haul and Review: DKNY, Guess

L-R: DKNY Be Delicious, DKNY Golden Delicious, Guess Girl, DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom

Hello beautiful people!

If you follow me on instagram I posted my packages from MYER. YES GIRL I did some damage on their online store since they were having their annual mid-season sale. I didn't buy any makeup so I didn't break my spending ban!

MYER was having a 20% off sale on (most) fragrances and since I was in search of my signature scent I went a bit crazy. I had only sniffed DKNY Be Delicious before and loved it but the other three I purchased were blind buys. I guess I was feeling adventurous? 

Here's my order receipt. It was the first time I've ordered from MYER online store and I was pleasantly surprised. They came within a week and all had tracking numbers. I didn't have to pay $10 for shipping since I went over $100. 



Now onto the reviews/first impressions! I've been wearing these fragrances since I got them and I must say I am not disappointed by any of these. Feel free to click on the Fragrantica links as it lists all the notes of the perfume and other reviews as well.

DKNY Be Delicious

Fragrantica Summary

Can I just say I love the Be Delicious bottles? They're so sleek and cute! They look great in my collection. The perfume fluid is a gorgeous green but don't worry it doesn't stain. I love, love, LOVE the smell of this. It's so fresh, clean, cut, feminine and I have nothing like it. Out of the entire Be Delicious range the original is my favourite. I feel like this scent is appropriate for all seasons and I really enjoy wearing this at night. If you like fruity yet clean, ozonic, scents try this one! It really does smell like a juicy green apple to me..mmm I'm drooling! On me this lasts a good amount of time and I feel like it has really good sillage too.

DKNY Golden Delicious 

Fragrantica Summary
The lid is gold and the fluid is a really pale gold. This is probably my least favourite out of the three, that's not to say it isn't good! This is my Mum's fave. I'd say this smells a bit more mature than the other two. Not like an old lady scent, just more sophisticated. I don't really smell any apple in this, it's a heavier, musky floral. It's creamy and still yummy. It really really really reminds me of Curious by Britney Spears. They're not exactly the same but really identical. I'd say Golden Delicious is a more expensive and fancier version of Curious. This has good lasting power on me and moderate sillage.   

DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom


Fragrantica Summary
Silver lid and a pale pink fluid, so adorable! I'd describe this scent as a sweet citrusy floral. Too much of this though and I get a headache. This scent smells really expensive to me haha, I love it! It is perfect for spring and summer. It's lightweight and makes you smell oh so clean. It's like a garden full of flowers after rain. If you like rose/florals this one is for you! I haven't worn this enough (since it's winter) to comment on lasting power and sillage.

Guess Girl

Fragrantica Summary
I just adore this bottle and the box, it was the main reason why I bought it. The fluid is a pretty pink and I love having it in my collection. Sweet. fruity, floral. It's a classic scent in my book. This is not super unique but I feel like it's a good staple to have. To me you can really smell the sugar and sweetness. It's not sharp like the Be Delicious range, since it doesn't have citrus. This is the perfect pretty girl next-door scent. Like you know when you walk past a pretty girl, I'd imagine she'd smell something like this. I wear this to work since it's not offensive, it's a really nice daytime scent. This lasts me all day and the sillage is great. My boyfriend likes this on me.

Conclusion


I am not a fan of sickeningly sweet sugary scents, heavy florals, musks or spicy woods. If you like light, slightly fruity, aquatic, ozonic, fresh scents then I would recommend these to you. My favourites out of this haul are DKNY Be Delicious and Guess Girl. I'd say these are definitely at the top for my signature scent. I can't say for sure yet though since I only got them last week :)

Have you smelled these scents? Do you have a signature scent? Hope this post helped you perfume lovers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment